Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homepages/20/d242466440/htdocs/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/20/d242466440/htdocs/phpBB3/viewtopic.php on line 927

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/20/d242466440/htdocs/phpBB3/viewtopic.php on line 927
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3551: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3552: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Keirsey.com • View topic - Star Trek and MBTI

Star Trek and MBTI

Discussion of Famous and Infamous Personalities and their actions, real or imagined

Star Trek and MBTI

Postby CoolaTroopa on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 am

The original series interest me a lot.
Despite the fact that it was made over forty years ago, I still find it fascinating today.

I think that the main four characters work well together because they are all of different temperaments.

Captain James Kirk= ENFP (Champion Idealist)
Spock= INTJ (Mastermind Rational)
Dr. Leonard McCoy= ESFJ (Provider Guardian)
Montgomery Scott= ISTP (Crafter Artisan)

What do you guys think?
User avatarUser Temperament
CoolaTroopa

Re: Star Trek and MBTI

Postby fakies on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:40 am

Actualy, I think Kirk is an Artisan.
fakies

Postby keirsey on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 pm

CoolaTroopa wrote:The original series interest me a lot.
Despite the fact that it was made over forty years ago, I still find it fascinating today.

I think that the main four characters work well together because they are all of different temperaments.

What do you guys think?

Captain Kirk was not easily identifiable in the beginning of the series, but eventually, and by the end, it was clear he was closer to Shatner's personality: Artisan (Performer -- Promoter combo). Shatner is a Performer Artisan. (And interestingly, Nimoy is probably an Idealist).

The Rest are dead on. The new Star Trek movie, reinterprets Scotty to be an Inventor Rational.
Within which edge of chaos are you?
keirsey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keirsey on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:25 pm

However, The Borgmaster is not happy with the MBTI reference :evil: :evil: :evil: Heresy, Heresy, Heresy.
Within which edge of chaos are you?
keirsey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Earl on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 pm

keirsey wrote:However, The Borgmaster is not happy with the MBTI reference :evil: :evil: :evil: Heresy, Heresy, Heresy.

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :roll: 8-)
I wanted men to feel pain like Hoom, so there could be men like Hoom...
(Jason Worthing, The Worthing Saga, Orson Scott Card)
Earl

Postby The Grey Badger on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Burn the heretic at the steak! And in honor of Father's Day, Papas Fritas. Pass the Worcestershire Sauce?
The Grey Badger

Postby The Grey Badger on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:58 pm

By the way, I ordered Brains & Careers. Until it comes in and I get a chance to read it, I will continue to think in MBTI as I have since the 1990s, having no better reference except the one in the mail. Or is it still in the POD-maker? POD people want to know.
The Grey Badger

Postby stellarrenegade on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:59 pm

keirsey wrote:
CoolaTroopa wrote:The original series interest me a lot.

What do you guys think?

Captain Kirk was not easily identifiable in the beginning of the series, but eventually, and by the end, it was clear he was closer to Shatner's personality: Artisan (Performer -- Promoter combo). Shatner is a Performer Artisan. (And interestingly, Nimoy is probably an Idealist).

The Rest are dead on. The new Star Trek movie, reinterprets Scotty to be an Inventor Rational.

The movie seems to interpret Kirk as a straight-up Promoter, in my mind. He pulls no punches and doesn't mind getting right into the middle of conflicts and using aggression to solve them if necessary. He has an objective and uses quick-thinking tactics to solve any obstacles in the way.

It was quite amazing to me when I realized this. I want to own that movie when it comes out.
voluntaryist / anarcho-capitalist / libertarian
stellarrenegade
keirsey's crew
keirsey's crew

Postby CoolaTroopa on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:46 am

keirsey wrote:However, The Borgmaster is not happy with the MBTI reference :evil: :evil: :evil: Heresy, Heresy, Heresy.

Haha, I understand! I shall obey the Borgmaster!! :D

Using Keirsey terminology- Artisan makes a lot of sense for Kirk.
While Kirk seems to rely on intuition a lot, he's clearly more interested in the concrete than the abstract.
CoolaTroopa

Postby christina on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Just so I'm clued in here---the only "MBTI" reference I can find here is in the title.... :oops:
Whoever is spared personal pain must feel himself called to help in diminishing the pain of others. We must all carry our share of the misery which lies upon the world. — Albert Schweitzer
christina

Next

Return to Famous Personalities